- The Hideout | Chicago, Illinois
Autumn is fast upon us and cold weather scares folks off of their bikes like a leaf off a tree, but don't be scared Chicago riders! West Town Bikes is throwing you a party to keep you toasty warm and riding in the cold months ahead.
We teamed up with our pals at Big Shoulders Realty, Chicago Velo, the Hideout, and New Belgium Brewing to bring you BIKE FALL, an all day party at the Hideout (1351 W. Wabansia) on Sat. Oct 8th. This bacchanal of a bicycling bash features so much stuff all we can do is give you a run down.
11 am - We start with a family friendly parade to the Hideout itself to get things rolling. Stay tuned to West Town's website and FB page to get updates on the starting point
12-6pm Hang out on the Hideout's patio and watch the fun happening in the street!
- West Town's Bike Club Fixed-Gear Free Style Competition and BMX Demo
- Ciclo Urbano's Mechanic Challenge bicycle mechanics competition
- Performances by the Racketeers bicycle dance troupe
- Chicago history bicycle tours beginning and ending at Bike Fall
- Live music on the patio, food trucks, and more!
After 6pm the party goes 21+ and moves inside with music from:
- Illinois First!
- the Cathy Santonies
- Elia Einhorn (of Scotland Yard Gospel Choir) and Friends
- Ornery Little Darlings
and late night sets starting at 11 PM DJ Billy Ocean and DJ the Jimmer
We aren't charging for the events outside but will be asking a 20 dollar donation at the door when the party moves in doors. All proceeds go to support West Town Bikes in our mission of empowering Chicago's under served youth with independent transportation, job skills, and opportunity.